6.26.2012

Voltage Coffee & Art


Voltage Coffee & Art

Address 295 3rd St
Neighborhood East Cambridge
T-Stop Kendall/MIT
Hours MF 7-7, Sat 9-7
Wifi 1 hour free with beverage


Though I had heard only good things prior to this outing, I was a bit nervous about Voltage from the pictures I had seen: would the expansive, white, art-dotted walls make me feel like a noisy intruder in a sterile art exhibit?  Nothing of the sort.  Voltage Coffee & Art is more like a creativity studio with a subtly situated espresso bar serving meticulously made pour-overs and uniquely flavored lattes.  The music was nice but not overpowering, the minimal colors and patterns were chicly simple, and the phrases I caught from conversations were young and intellectual.  The scattered floor plan fostered  sporadic people watching without losing concentration, giving the place an overall easy feel.  Though personally I wouldn't go there with a stack of heavy reading, I highly recommend Voltage as a space to do research or work on a webpage.

                                     

           


No comments:

Post a Comment