7.18.2012

Trident Booksellers & Cafe




Address: 338 Newbury Street
T-Stop: Hynes Convention Center
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Wifi: Free Unlimited
Hours: Daily 8am-Midnight

My trip to Trident nearly threatened the future of this blog: I am convinced that even if I commuted there daily, it would never get old.  While a café in a bookstore may not seem novel, Trident boasts a full menu and much more seating than is initially apparent (outdoor, indoor, coffeebar, communal tables, you name it).  My $2.68 18 oz. iced coffee was refreshingly strong and the employees were cheerful but not in a “happy-go-lucky” way.  Offering unlimited free Wifi and openly welcoming groups and book clubs to meet in their space, Trident is a genuinely friendly venue.  Plus, the low music and surrounding chatter cancelled each other out to produce a workable white noise.  I love spending time in bookstores and, though this space is far less intimate, the idea of Trident reminded me of a great bookstore/restaurant in Jerusalem, Tmol Shilshom.  I returned a few days later for a delicious (and very reasonably priced) Sunday brunch with Biz, and I am very eager to go back next time I’m on Newbury.  Though there is still much to explore, Trident is easily my top pick thus far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment