7.18.2012

Boston Common Coffee Company






Address: 10 High Street
T-Stop: South Station
Neighborhood: Financial District
Hours: MF 6-9

It’s a rare occurrence that I find myself with time to kill near South Station, but I (shockingly) allowed too much time between work and my bus to New York last Thursday.  Boston Common Coffee Company was a bit of a throwback: located in the heart of the city’s fast-paced financial district, it does not seem to compromise its ambience to lure in high power execs.  Its style, however, is a bit too standardized to feel as “chic” as I feel like it’s trying for; the audible pop rock, packaged foods and apparel for sale make it feel like it could be easily replicated (and to be fair, it is a chain: its two other locations are in the North End and by Downtown Crossing).  My 12 oz. iced coffee, at $2.30, was a bold taste but not entirely worth the price.  The employees were laid back and chatty; when I asked about the $4 minimum to pay by card, one barista smiled and said “whatever, it doesn’t really matter.”  I really liked its deep countertop workspace overlooking the people traffic of High St., but the prominent music made it hard to concentrate.   Though it really did not stand out, it’s a convenient one to keep in mind if I ever miss my bus.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment